Salute the Son


Crawling through my dungeon, panting to be free at last
From legends of the twilight, chains that link me to the past.
The creeds of deadly dragons' left me crippled by my doubt
And my soul is dark within me like a fire that's gone out.
With the final destination of my journey drawing nigh
I stand alone and helpless, a soldier with no gun,
Faced with doom unending, I raise my hands up to the sky
And I salute the Son.

Fiery emblems of my sorrow mark my battleground unknown
Evil has made residence in a dead house called my own.
Galaxies of mystery speak of odyssey and flight
But duty's call has left hunting monsters in the night.
Eternal darkness pressing like a war god's wrathful eye,
Oblivion is calling through the platforms undone.
As I face my own worst ending, I raise my hands up to the sky
And I salute the Son.

A distant wind awakens and draws a wild breath
A shine I get from somewhere like the pang of dying's death,
A rainbow sieges shadows and the dark sky crimson gleams
With the deathblood of the darkness and the waking of our dreams.
Metal gears are turning raising legend legions high
The eldest scrolls are furled to proclaim a war that's won;
My soul tracks upward as I raise my hands up to the sky,
And I salute the Son.


Comments

Popular Posts